A rapidly growing company in the medtech industry is seeking a Principal Hardware Design Engineer (Electronics Devices) to join their team. The company is developing a bio-diagnostic point-of-care platform that is able to measure multiple biomarkers in just a few drops of blood.
As an experienced electronic device hardware design engineer, you'll have the opportunity to lead the development and architectural design of the next generation diagnostic tool - a cutting-edge tool for both professional medical labs and home use. You'll be tasked with exploring new applications, developing test tools for the manufacturing process, and interpreting customer requirements to create best-in-class user experiences. You'll also be responsible for driving and collaborating with external parties to ensure compliance with international medical device qualifications and environmental, safety, and health regulations. You'll have the chance to mentor and train new engineers and students while continuously improving processes through the incorporation of lessons learned and best practices. Join our team and help us build and improve upon this core competency to revolutionize the diagnostic industry.
- BSc or MSc in Electronic Engineering with focus on hardware design.
- Shown affinity with programming: able to interact with software design engineer. Programming in Phyton, C+ and web-based languages.
- Preferably more than 3 years of experience in relevant hardware design and testing.
- Trained and hands-on in the use of Labview, ALTIUM, 3D printing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office-applications as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiar with working with a QMS system / ISO13485 is a pré.
- Design of electronic application boards for POC applications and manufacturing tools.
- Explore new diagnostic application tools.
- Create specifications, design the circuits and select required components.
- Review economy, quality, manufacturability and reliability of the design.
- Validate and determine cost-effective test strategies, suitable for production.
- Ensures product- and project quality together with the project manager and other disciplines.
- Able to design hardware in multiple generations of products in a subsequent development steps together with backward software compatibility.
- Provide leadership during all phases of setting-up the device hardware.
- Hands-on experience in PCB Design and Layout (e.g. ALTIUM)
A rapidly growing company in the MedTech industry is developing a bio-diagnostic point-of-care platform that can measure multiple biomarkers in just a few drops of blood. The goal of this platform is to bring the laboratory to the patient, making it accessible for both patients at home and healthcare workers nearby. The platform consists of three elements. The software controls the system and processes data, which is then transferred to a mobile phone or laptop and monitored by web-based services. The System is focused on blood coagulation but has the potential to be applied more broadly in collaboration with partners with expertise in different fields. The company is seeking a Principal Hardware Design Engineer (Electronics Devices) to join their team and play a critical role in shaping the future of MedTech industry.
Terms of employment:
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start-up and shape the future of point-of-care bio-diagnostics by leading the application software team.
- Competitive compensation package including salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Flexible work arrangements including travel allowance or public transport reimbursement and the option for part-time remote work.
- Generous paid time off with 25 holidays and holiday pay.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment in Gelderland, The Netherlands.
- Growth opportunities and professional development programs.
- Join a passionate and driven team that is making a real impact in the healthcare industry.