A rapidly growing company in the medtech industry is seeking a lead software design engineer to join their team. The company is developing a bio-diagnostic point-of-care platform that is able to measure multiple biomarkers in just a few drops of blood.
Job DescriptionAs the lead software design engineer, you will be responsible for the architectural design of their own product and the programming of the software environment for our point-of-care device. You will work closely with our team and external parties to build and improve the App's core competency, with the goal of creating a best-in-class user experience. You will also be responsible for adding web-based services in later stages. This App will be used in both professional medical lab environments and for home use.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced lead software design engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in programming in Python and C++, with clear examples of past experience in making GUI's and mobile apps. They should be able to design software for multiple generations of products and create backward software compatibility, using re-use of components and object oriented approach.
The lead software design engineer will be able to jointly cooperate with hardware design engineers and chip designers and ensure product and project quality. Strong organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and multitasking capabilities are required. Pro-active problem solving, debugging, and a focus on solutions are essential, as well as the ability to conduct bug-fixing. A structured and analytical workstyle, pragmatic and hands-on approach for implementation of requests, and the ability to work independently and implement improvements are also important.
The candidate should be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in several projects at once, work collaboratively to improve the product offering by offering ideas and identifying issues, and should have a shown affinity with electronic hardware design, able to interact with hardware design engineers. The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential, as well as the ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided, and to improve them. Preferably, the candidate should have experience with IEC 62304 Medical device software life-cycle processes.
The candidate should be customer oriented, have clear and effective communication skills (oral and written) in English, and preferably also in Dutch or willing to learn.
If you meet these qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology, we want to hear from you! Apply now to join our dynamic and inspiring team.
- BSc or MSc in Software or Electronics Engineering, or Computer Sciences.
- Preferably more than 3 years of experience in relevant software design and programming.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with working with a QMS system/ISO13485 is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in Python and C++, with clear examples of past experience in making GUI's and mobile apps.
- Experience in designing software for multiple generations of products and creating backward software compatibility using re-use of components and object-oriented approach.
- Ability to work closely with hardware design engineers and chip designers.
- Experience in ensuring product and project quality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as multitasking capabilities.
- Pro-active problem-solving and debugging, with a focus on solutions and the ability to conduct bug-fixing.
- Structured and analytical workstyle.
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to implementation of requests.
- Ability to work independently and implement improvements.
- Experience in working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in several projects at once, and the ability to work collaboratively to improve the product offering by offering ideas and identifying issues.
- Shown affinity with electronic hardware design and the ability to interact with hardware design engineers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided and to improve them.
- Preferably, experience with IEC 62304 Medical device software life-cycle processes.
- Clear and effective communication skills in English and preferably also in Dutch or willingness to learn.
A rapidly growing company in the MedTech industry is developing a bio-diagnostic point-of-care platform that can measure multiple biomarkers in just a few drops of blood. The goal of this platform is to bring the laboratory to the patient, making it accessible for both patients at home and healthcare workers nearby. The platform consists of three elements. The software controls the system and processes data, which is then transferred to a mobile phone or laptop and monitored by web-based services. The System is focused on blood coagulation but has the potential to be applied more broadly in collaboration with partners with expertise in different fields. The company is seeking a lead software design engineer to join their team and play a critical role in shaping the future of MedTech industry.
Terms of employment:
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing start-up and shape the future of point-of-care bio-diagnostics by leading the application software team.
- Competitive compensation package including salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Flexible work arrangements including travel allowance or public transport reimbursement and the option for part-time remote work.
- Generous paid time off with 25 holidays and holiday pay.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment in Gelderland, The Netherlands.
- Growth opportunities and professional development programs.
- Join a passionate and driven team that is making a real impact in the healthcare industry.