The railway sector of today's age is made known by both the strong and sustainable growth across the world. The underlying trends are known in multiple facets including environmental challenges, population growth, urbanisation and increasing demands for mobility. With more than 30 thousand employees based in over 60 countries this company develops and markets the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today they offer customers solutions with a seamless mix of different technologies, which ensure optimal interfaces, together with a flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Today in almost al renovation, modernisation and integration activities software is involved. A rail vehicle contains many systems controlled by software.This means the challenge of working one day with a diversity of development systems of 20 years ago and the next day with state of the art environments. An the biggest challenge of all: the integration of a new system within an existing vehicle
As the newest member of the crew you will have to deliver software modules while ensuring they have detailed design and you'll have to implement these modules.
- You'll also have to maintain all software systems.
- Create solutions for customers within there existing fleets.
- Deliver solutions on time with the wished level of quality
Desired Experience/ knowledge
- Contributing to the elaboration of SW specification & architecture, in collaboration with the SW architect
- Realizing development on legacy SW modules : Realizing sustaining of existing (legacy) SW modules
- Keep the (legacy) toolchains operational
- Implement customer requests
- Perform customer acceptance tests, when necessary at customer site
- Update and extend existing technical and user documentation
- Realizing development of new SW modules :
- Realizes the SW modules detailed design & coding
- Sets up and maintain the SW development tool chain
- Prepares and performs SW module tests and verifications of deliverables (“Designer” tests), prior to the ones formally realized by a dedicated V&V team (depending on Safety Integrity Level and associated Product development organization).
- Puts the SW work product under configuration management according to product Configuration Management Plan
- Supports the HW/SW integration (together with the HW designer)
- Through his activities, contributes to standardization by reusing existing solutions or by implementing reusable solutions
- Keeps a strong link with the SW architect, HW designer, RAMS and V&V departments, through the whole SW design cycle
- Applies processes and standards
- Minimum a Bachelor degree or at least 5 years relevant professional experience
- Experienced in Embedded C and at least one object oriented language, PLC development (IEC61131-1) is a pré.
- Knowledge of Software architecture, Design methods, Design Patterns, Coding standards, Best Practices, Code review and software engineering processes
- Experience with standards EN50128 or IEEE1558